What is Curry Club?
Curry Club is a virtual cookery school combined with a spice delivery service! It costs £20 per month, but we also offer it as a gift subscription, so you can pre-pay for 3, 6 or 12 months at a time, making it a great gift for friends or family.
I’m Lajina, and I’m passionate about teaching you to cook authentic, fresh, affordable, perfectly seasoned Indian food.
What do you get?
- Three spice mixes posted to you each month, to use in the recipes we will cook together
- Two Zoom-based cook-alongs each month, each covering several dishes – enough for a full meal for the whole family
- Access to the exclusive Curry Club members’ area of this website, containing a library of mouth-watering recipes and recordings of previous Curry Club cook-alongs
There’s also a Facebook group for members and non-members alike. If you’re considering a Curry Club subscription, why not check out the Facebook group first – meet some of our friendly members and see some of the amazing dishes they’ve created!
How do the cook-alongs work?
- I send out the dates of the cook-alongs a couple of weeks in advance
- One week beforehand, I post the recipe for the session and the Zoom link in the members’ area of this website
- You get in the other ingredients for the recipe, and have the spices to hand that I’ve sent you in the post
- We cook together on Zoom!
- The recording is posted afterwards in the Members’ Area of the website – so don’t worry if you have to miss one, you’ll be able to catch up later (and pause, rewind and play again!)
What are these spice mixes?
Are your cupboards stuffed full of old half-used spice jars? That’s the problem I set out to eliminate. Instead of hundreds of spice jars going out of date in the cupboard, my range of spice mixes give you the perfect base to create an amazing array of authentic Indian dishes. Some are traditional spices, some were invented by me. All are made with love, versatile and easy to use.
What kinds of dishes will we cook?
Our Facebook Curry Club community helps me decide on the recipes to cook each month – it really is that flexible! You can suggest dishes you’d really love to learn how to make, and I run ideas past the group to see what people would like me to make. I try to vary the recipes according to the season, too.
To give you a handful of examples – recent cook-alongs included:
- Kati Rolls
- One Pot Biryani
- Black Urid Dahl
- Pathia and Achari Rice
- Chapati and Paratha
What about special dietary requirements?
I can advise on how to adapt my recipes to suit different requirements – just reach out to me via the Facebook group.