A lighter, simpler version of curry masala, invented for those who cannot eat garlic. It’s a curry creator, beautifully fragranced with cardamom.
Another specialist home blend, use as you would curry masala. Add extra ginger or garlic if you’d like the extra flavour.
For a simple curry
- Fry large chopped onions until soft and golden.
- Add all the Masala spices, stir in 200g of chopped tinned tomatoes.
- Add 500g – 1kg of meat/vegetables.
- Pour in 300ml of boiling water and simmer until cooked through (approx 30-40 mins).
- Taste to check seasoning and add a pinch of salt, maybe some extra chilli, garnish with fresh coriander (optional)
See all my recipes Browse more spices
- Cumin Seeds Roasted
- Chilli Flakes
- Home Made Garam Masala
- Coriander Leaves
- Cardamom pods